Categories for Film
The film Source Code consists of:
- The Sisyphus myth. Life is a never-ending struggle.
- The contemporary political oppression over the individual. The soldier is forced to carry out missions he doesn’t understand.
- Solipsism. The world is what one experiences inside his/her head, therefore inseparable from our subjective senses.
- The Cave from Plato’s Republic. We are in the darkness of our mind and can only guess what the outside world is like – the City is always on the horizon, unreachable.
- Buddhist immortal soul being reborn from one reality to another.
Systematic society versus the spontaneity of the human condition. The hero is a lost soul who is in turns a soldier, saviour, bully, thief, charmer, entertainer… all the colours of the human experience.
May 15, 2011 Leave your thoughts